Training the mind … Healing the Body… Transforming your life
Over the past ten years, mind body medicine has been revolutionizing the way we think about our health. Millions of people are discovering that their thoughts, their feelings, and their physical well being are intimately connected – and this is transforming the way we eat, exercise, work, and even relate to one another.
Since the time of the ancient Greeks, Western medicine has looked at the body from a materialistic perspective, and approached every problem with a material-based solution such as drugs and surgery. But, through the insights of Dr. Deepak Chopra, David Simon, and other pioneers of mind body medicine, it’s become evident that if we want to change who we are, we need to simply move in new directions, open our experiences to new interpretations, and awaken our senses to the new perceptions that await us.
Training the Mind, Healing the Body offers a uniquely comprehensive approach to all aspects of the mind body connection, including insights drawn from the Indian life science Ayurveda as well as from the latest research from the West. During this 24 session program, you’ll become thoroughly familiar with the philosophical foundations of mind body health care, you’ll also learn how to:
- Integrate the healing traditionsof the East with the latest practical discoveries of Western science
- Change the way you eat-or even when you eat to create greater mental and physical energy
- Sleep well every night
- Identify what makes you uniquely different from anyone who has ever lived as well as what you share with all of humanity
- Exercise better, not harder
- Enter the silent spaces between your thoughts to create a rejuvenating sense of alertness
- Understand how the process of disease really works, and how you can break the progression that leads to illness
- Use your heart as well as your brain to make insightful choices and accurate life decisions
- Increase your personal efficiency by discovering the best times of day for mental and physical activities
- Discover the intimate connection between your physical body and your emotional and spiritual well-being.
In the more than ten years that they’ve worked together, Dr. Simon and Deepak Chopra have developed a shared vision of what good health means and how to place it within the reach of every human being. Training the Mind, Healing the Body is the full realization of that vision.