It’s amazing the misinformation found in most r?sum? books! Scott Bennett has hired hundreds of people in a variety of industries, and he knows firsthand what kind of r?sum? sparks an employer’s interest – and which ones fail. In The Elements of R?sum? Style, he warns against popular “tricks” that tend to backfire – and instead informs listeners how to craft clear, compelling, targeted r?sum?s and cover letters that actually work.
In this new edition, listeners realize that whether it’s on paper or online, the rules are the same: use clear, dynamic language – and keep it short and focused. Now covering social media, the online application process, and more, this indispensable guide provides:
- More than 1,400 action words, statements, and position descriptions that help sell your skills and experience
- Hundreds of words, phrases, and vague claims to avoid
- Advice for handling employment gaps, job-hopping, and requests for salary history and requirements
- Sample r?sum?s, response letter, inquiry letter, informational interview request letter, references, and more
- Surprising tips for acing the interview
Competition is intense no matter what your field, but this candid book’s time-tested tools will make you stand out – and help get you the job you deserve!