Fully revised and updated – with Jeanne Martinet’s trademark wit and practicality, The Art of Mingling hands you the keys to feeling at ease in any social situation.
Does the idea of going to a large party make your mouth go dry? Are you more comfortable on Facebook than face to face? You’re not alone: 90 percent of the world suffers from minglephobia. Jeanne Martinet has developed a cure – a sure-fire system for overcoming fears and having a great time at any type of business or social gathering.
Filled with simple techniques, tricks, tips, lines, and maneuvers, The Art of Mingling teaches you:
- Basic survival strategies for the Truly Terrified
- Opening lines and gambits that really work
- Tools and rules for keeping the conversation going in the right direction
- The all-important etiquette of escape
- Faux pas recovery techniques
- How to avoid the dumb use of smartphones
- The secret to being a good listener
- The right way to follow up online
- And much, much more!